Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's bad is also delicious!

Crustaceans have always been one of my favorite food. The natural umami-ness of this food group of the Class Crustacea of the Phylum Arthropoda(let's get to be a bit more academic sometimes, LOL!) gets me into something short of an orgasm of the senses; these delicious, juicy, salty-sweet crustaceans makes my mouth water everytime I think of them.   BUT there's one thing and one important thing at that, I am ALLERGIC to these gastronomic creatures.<sniff> I can eat any other kinds of seafoods without any problem though.

I can recall I was not even allergic to any of them when I was a child; along the way it just happened. Well I guess one of the weirdest things in nature, i.e. cancer cells, black holes and other watchamacallits. <chuckles> I still eat prawns, crabs though, who couldn't resist them?! But I always have medication on hand just in case, you know. It could kill me. The allergy could constrict my air passages and suffocate me. I know it's just about the lamest way to die. <Laughs> But again, who can resist them? 

Till next time... Care for a Crustacean Treat? <smiles>
from: http://www.slashfood.com/photos/photos-from-the-2008-boston-international-seafood-show/663504/


<signed>
The Callcenter Boy






2 comments:

  1. Oh my... I drool whenever I smell my mom is cooking adobong pasayan or my sister cooks crab in traditional way... BUT, I also have allergy whenever I eat them! I vomit everything and my throat itches and swells until I cannot breathe.. One of my irony of life.. Too bad for me! Too good for those who swallow them all! I envy you! :(((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no not really, Yagami Laito, I can only eat them whenever I have antihistamines on hand, just in case.

    ReplyDelete