Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

It's your Day, TIXIE GIRL!


=============================================

She is an only child and the sister I never had. Our friendship started from way back in kindergarten and as far as I can remember we were just about the two little artsy-fartsiest kids in our class as we were both inclined to Art (we still are!) and drawing. I remember some classmates would ask us to draw figures for them coz they didn't know how. Even way back then, I have not felt any rivalry between us. It also helped that our moms were both working in the same hospital and basically know each other quite well. Her birthdays during our elementary years were such a tradition among our classmates, of going to their house for her birthday party which were always fun. I played on their piano even on ordinary days whenever I get to visit.<smiles> Her grandma (God bless her dear soul) would avidly listen to my playing although I missed a lot of times on some keys and was not the child prodigy I imagined I was. Hahah! I actually haven't given it much thought until when her grandma died last year. She told me how her grandma used to tell her even when we've already grown up that if ever I should go visit, I should always play on their piano. I was touched when she told me that; it was the same day she told me her grandma had just died.

We had shared, opened to each of our life's struggles. She's just about the one single person I can tell, without apprehensions, what I really really feel. Although she's in a different city miles away, we still keep in touch. And Facebook plays a large part on it.<LOL> Though there were periods of not being able to contact each other by any means, especially when either or both of us are on to something that one needs to be alone, such as the healing period after a relationship that just ended, or that because we were just plain very busy with the humdrums of everyday living. But when we check back on each other it seems that only one day has just passed! There might be parts of our lives that we must've missed on one another, but we always catch up on things.

She is 'The Pencil-Pusher" and the one who introduced me to the wonders of Marjorie Evasco's verses, especially the "Animasola" among other things. I am very much grateful for her.<smiles>
      
Happy Birthday Tixie Wixie!





4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Tixie Wixie! And goodluck in everything you do.

    Chino-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chino! ^__^ You do the same. Blessings always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Tixie! I wonder if she has other photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the only pic I have of her, GogoPower. I will ask her if she has some more to share. hehe. ^___^

    ReplyDelete