Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

No Goodbyes but Farewells

Another callcenter girl, a friend of my friend who is working in another company, has just resigned over the week. It had been, is and would always forever be a cycle. The coming and going of things, of people. The sun. The tides. The starting of a journey w/ the first step and the dusting of the wanderlust dust on one's clothes once it ends. The opening of the first page of a book we are so eager to read and the closing of it once it's all been read and over with. it's inevitable.
I was used to departures and arrivals when I was still small. For one, in the course of my adolescent life, my father was always assigned to other places because of work; seems like missing someone even dear is not such a big deal. I guess that started it. But it doesnt mean I care less for people when they are far and away. The caring never change, memories never forgotten; deep inside all of those things are still in here and here <pointing to head and heart>.

http://8c7326e5.theseblogs.com
I am quite amused to realize how "farewell" evolved into something that means departing because for starters, it actually is a shortened word (see how people tend to be quite lazy in talking? hmmm..) for the archaic "Fare-thee-well"; "Fare-you-well" in modern usage. Isn't that kind of sweet and thoughtful, much more profound than just saying "Goodbye?"  <smiles>  Seriously, it's all about hoping (and praying) that everything good would come in the way of the ones who are leaving. A very good friend once asked me how it might feel if she's the one who's leaving (she left anyway, and naturally I'm happy for her). I'm almost always happy for those who are leaving, I know they're following some kind of "dreams" so to speak. I didn't answer her but I just thought that whichever perspective we see it, its seems fair on both sides of the fence. You see, it's just Yin and Yang, it's Balance. Both sides lose something or things, and gains some too. It's just like how the Sun sets to make way for the Moon,vice versa, give-take; those things, you know...yeah...I'm mumbling now... And when one is leaving, I know how scary that can be; the BIG unknown might lie just across the street even. So for consolation and propping up of one's spirit it is good Karma to think that everything should all be well and nothing's to worry. More so when you say the phrase itself.

So if ever anyone of you is leaving, it won't be Goodbyes you would all be getting from me, but always "Fare-you-wells".







4 comments:

  1. A very nice words bro. maybe your inlove with her, or something specisl with that girl that makes u miss her. Its not end of the world yet you can still see her beauty if you want to. Good luck bro go get her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro for that very encouraging remark. It does make me feel more positive. Have a great day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah.. "farewell" does make it fair... it is indeed a constant cycle which is inevitable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I like this! I really like your thought about goodbyes.. I wanna share: Just recently i said farewell to a "home" to consider and i was so afraid to take my back from the good people I dwell with because my comfort zone was pasted from there for a long time. I said goodbye but with a hanging feeling. It's a choice and has purpose to fulfill. I'm afraid that when i decide, i failed without a grasp to turn to that's y my goodbye is not a farewell.. It's a transitory goodbye and kinda big fare-to pay-well... huhuhu... Singapore is very expensive but worthwhile to stay for awhile.. Blessings DW and all!

    ReplyDelete