Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

As real as Real Estate

facebook.com/Cebuprimeproperty


I have been quite busy these days, reason why I am not able to blog as often as I can and want to. It's not because of my being a call-boy, it is of a totally different field: real estate. I have just recently realized that this "personal craze", as I call it ( and admittedly, I have had taken granted of, especially since my mom sort of nagged me to be involved in it a few years back) is just about the most lucrative and stimulating thing I've indulged in so far!

I already have learned so much for the first few months since I started, most importantly on laws governing real estate ownership in the Philippines. It is really very important for me to know that a foreigner cannot own land in the Philippines, especially since a significant number of inquiries are coming from foreigners who married Filipinas. But they can own the house on which land should be legally "owned" by his Filipina wife. On the other hand, foreigners can own condominium unit themselves though, according to The Condominium Act of the Philippines, R.A. 4726.

Aside from it being in line with my finished degree, (which is Architecture by the way), it serves my need on a higher level: the satisfaction I get when given the chance to help people find what's the best home for them, or investment for that matter, if they're of the entrepreneur kind. And that somehow makes me a part of their lives too. Just being contented to imagine that whenever they, at any day, sit in a corner of their house/condo/office unit, they might remember the person who helped them get the very nice place they are living/working/doing business in right now. <Smiles>


Till next time.
<signed>
The Callcenter Boy



No comments:

Post a Comment