Search This Blog

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Christmas: The Season of Forgiving


=============================================



This Christmas I promise to be more participative on the Yuletide cheer and not be such a mini-Scrooge like the past few seasons and since today is the first of December so it is the most exact time to start. The past few Christmases are such a blur to me, they're just ordinary days. I mean, I go to church because some days in December happen to fall on a Sunday<LOL> but not really as much as to hear the ideals of this season. It just won't sink in. I don't think it's right that people are forced into making peace with the people they're still having "issues" with, just because it is the "Season of Forgiving" even if deep inside they're really not yet ok. And using Christmas as the only reason (or excuse, to be more blunt about it) to making people guilty for not being forgiving is just plain lame. I guess this "Let's-forgive-because-it's-Christmas" thing is primarily the reason why I got disenchanted with it. Just think about those people who have had traumatic experiences such as rape victims or the family of victims of murder like those in the Maguindanao Massacre, etc. I don't think that would be just as easy for them as it would be for everyone else. Well, any month or any day could just be the Season of Forgiving, right? Besides, true forgiveness comes from within at anytime. As long as one is ready and humble enough; it could take time though.

By the way I'll be working during the holidays, but like I said I promised myself to be just as cheerful and jolly this time, maybe even just short of like hohoho-ing like Santa! <laughs>

Happy Holidays everyone!
<signed> The Callcenter Boy



No comments:

Post a Comment