Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

A Thought on my favorite Love Poem

http://913935cf.seriousdeals.net/



Excerpts from Cien Sonetos de Amor (One Hundred Love Sonnets) by Pablo Neruda

YOU must know that I do not love you
 and that I love you,

because everything alive has its two sides;

a word is one wing of the silence,
fire has its cold half.

I love you in order to begin to love you,
to start infinity again

and never to stop loving you:
that’s why I do not love you yet.

I love you, and I do not love you,as if I held

keys in my hand: to a future of joy–
a wretched, muddled fate–

My love has two lives, in order to love you:
that’s why I love you when I do not love you,

and also why I love you when I do.

*************************************

SABRÁS que no te amo y que te amo
puesto que de dos modos es la vida,
la palabra es un ala del silencio,
el fuego tiene una mitad de frío.

Yo te amo para comenzar a amarte,
para recomenzar el infinito
y para no dejar de amarte nunca:
por eso no te amo todavía.

Te amo y no te amo como si tuviera
en mis manos las llaves de la dicha
y un incierto destino desdichado.

Mi amor tiene dos vidas para amarte.
Por eso te amo cuando no te amo
y por eso te amo cuando te amo.

*************************************

There's always two sides to anything. Yin and Yang, Night and Day, Man and Woman, and what-you-may-call-its. But one thing that struck me really is not as how one complements the other but how differences can be just basically the same at one point. And translated to LOVE and LOVING, it shows that regardless whatever which side you are on, whether to LOVE or not to LOVE, with all the trappings that go with that...there's this raw, intimate feeling of well-being and a deeper understanding of one's existence.








1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm... sensible! but... I want to know how DW sails his journey to LOVE... Can't wait for that to be posted here.. Blessings! ^_______^

    ReplyDelete