Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Coffee-drunk

I drink coffee. Period. I drink it when I wake up to go to work. In the office right before I go on "auto-in" to take my first call of the day, I would fill up my small thermos with coffee till it's almost to the brim. I have the liberty to do so since it's basically free for everyone there. <chuckles> I guess that is one of the stronger reasons why I am hooked to it. I would get my second and third servings between my first breaktime and lunch (which is, by the way, usually in the wee hours of the morning, say 1 A.M.) And then sometimes another serving about 2-3 hours before my shift ends.

You might really want to ask me how bad it is? Well, let me list all the things I notice myself:
  • It's an automatic task everytime I wake up and prepare for work. My brain doesn't need to tell my hand/s to pour the sweet smelling thing in the cup. Just like that. Snap! (LOL)
  • My urine smells coffee when I pee but its almost always when I'm still in the office.
  • My sweat smells like coffee. Even on times I'm not drinking coffee..really! A bit scary, huh?
  • Maybe it's just my imagination but my head hurts when I can't drink coffee in a day.


They say that coffee is somehow beneficial (sort of) to our health. I've read about it somwhere... Some say it's anti-aging (though some studies say otherwise) and an anti-oxidant that could prevent certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes among others. But really guys, too much of a good thing, even the sweet aromatic lovely savory stimulating coffee that I love, is just plain bad if taken in excess. So at least to balance out the damage that might already have been done, I balance it by drinking lots of water or pair it with something healthy, say an apple.

My Mantra: Keep drinking coffee and eat an apple. A cup of coffee keeps you kicking and an apple a day they say, keeps the doctor away. <winks>




3 comments:

  1. i bet lot's of people can relate.. hey feel the same thing with coffee.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I really wonder if your urine also tastes coffee? just a thought, though.. hehehe.. Coffee is my best buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I still haven't tasted it yet, Mr Laito. But I can imagine it could also have tasted a little bit, just a wee bit the same. LOL!

    ReplyDelete