Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lost in Time and Date (or, How does your job change you?)

Look how time flies!
http://913935cf.seriousdeals.net
There are 365 days in a regular year (except on leap years); I suppose holidays or other special occassions are redmarked on everyone's calendar. But not me, not on my calendar if I ever even have one. I just rely on my cellphone's date and time. To me, the days are all the same when I started a call(center) boy. And I'm bad at remembering birthdays. The times I was able to greet some friends were those when I was able to read their birthday notifications on social networking sites, almost always on the unavoidable (LOL!) Facebook. For one who works even during holidays, every day of the year seems to be the same as any other. Even the spark of Valentines Day and the feel-good atmosphere of the Yuletide season don't sink in to one's core anymore.

I don't even celebrate my own birthday, especially when it falls on a workday. So I just spend the day sleeping, as I'm always (and I guess, forever will be) on night shift. It might sound pathetic to some but for me, always having this grateful mind especially on one's birthday is just about enough. On the contrary, I don't feel sorry for myself for not having to celebrate it, much less with other people since there are always other days to do that. Aside from being able to save some bucks in doing so, I would rather sleep or rest than to go out and have fun. I bet a lot of "call" boys and "call" girls agree with me on this one. <chuckles>

Some say I'm an individualistic person and I respect what they think. Anyway I guess it's just my own way of evolving with my current work. We have to know how to adapt to anything, especially to things as essential as our jobs.
What's your job and in what way/s does your current job change you?





3 comments:

  1. Oh this call boy job drains the human part of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess, on some parts... but I still remain "me" deep inside. I THINK it just needs nudging, more and more nudging..hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work is not work if you love your job!... I dont consider my work now as work... because i love doing it and enjoy doing the same thing everyday. hehehehe

    Call center job is draining for some. But if you love being Call boy then that is super fine. hehehe However, dont forget to have fun and treat yourself! Don't forget to ping me when you need a company... weheheheh kuyog ko laag!!! lols...

    Have fun! Stay cool bro!

    ReplyDelete